Three (3) Grants Awarded Annually from the AOS Charitable, Educational and Scientific Trust Fund
The American Ophthalmological Society Charitable, Educational and Scientific Trust Fund awards up to three (3) educational travel grants to non-members who attend the AOS Annual Meeting. The following rules apply:
- No member of the Society will be eligible for this award.
- Applicants must be less than eight years out from the beginning of their residencies.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have participated in investigational studies to be presented at the AOS scientific session they wish to attend.
- Application should be made in writing, in the form of a letter from an AOS member, addressed to the Executive Vice President of the Society, and received no later than March 15 of the current year. The application should provide a one-page letter of information about the individual, whether the individual is presenting at the Annual Meeting, and/or other reasons why this individual should receive a grant.
- The AOS prefers to award the grant to individuals that have the potential to become members and, therefore, the individual should be an ophthalmologist or an ophthalmologist-in-training.
- Individual awards include complimentary meeting registration and up to $1,500 in travel expense reimbursement.
- Grantees will be required to adequately document their meeting-related expenses prior to receiving their award in the form of reimbursement. Original receipts shall be submitted to the AOS office by mail after the meeting.
- Applicants will be notified of the Council’s final decision prior to the Annual Meeting.
- Applicants should be registered for the meeting for which they apply.