The American Ophthalmological Society Charitable, Educational and Scientific Trust Fund
The American Ophthalmological Society Charitable, Educational and Scientific Trust Fund awards up to three (3) educational travel grants to non-members who attend the AOS Annual Meeting. The following rules apply:
- No member of the Society will be eligible for this award.
- Applicants must be less than eight years out from the beginning of their residencies.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have participated in investigational studies to be presented at the AOS scientific session they wish to attend.
- Application should be made in writing, in the form of a letter from an AOS member, addressed to the Executive Vice President of the Society, and received no later than March 15 of the current year. The application should provide a one-page letter of information about the individual, whether the individual is presenting at the Annual Meeting, and/or other reasons why this individual should receive a grant.
- The AOS prefers to award the grant to individuals that have the potential to become members and, therefore, the individual should be an ophthalmologist or an ophthalmologist-in-training.
- Individual awards will not exceed $1,500.
- Grantees will be required to adequately document their meeting-related expenses prior to receiving their award in the form of reimbursement.
- Applicants will be notified of the Council’s final decision prior to the Annual Meeting.
- Applicants should be registered for the meeting for which they apply.